Our client wanted to find a way to target their branding toward both moms and non-moms, due to their family equity. However, they were worried that including moms in their target audience would harm their fashion credentials.
- Shop-Alongs &
- Lifestyle Immersion
- To determine the most viable target for the brand: moms, non-moms or both
- To understand the similarities, differences and overlap with these audiences and their view of fashion
- To identify what insights to leverage when communicating to the target
Our Customized Approach
Our team conducted in-depth, one-on-one interviews with female consumers; this included shopping trips and investigations of clothing closets. Afterward, we interviewed several friends of each participant to get a deeper understanding of her and her clothing style. Through this approach, we were able to gain a deeper level of insight on women’s fashion choices, preferences and purchase behaviors.
Through our approach, we were able to:
- Identify our client’s core target as a ‘cute’ mom versus a ‘traditional’ mom
- Gain a deeper, more complex understanding of the target consumer
- Gather relevant consumer language to effectively speak to the client’s target audience about fashion
This hybrid research technique was instrumental in defining and bringing to life this retailer’s core target consumer, ultimately influencing all aspects of the shopping, marketing and product experience.